You are invited to join Dave at Lu Ban on
Wednesday 23rd February from 6.30pm for an exclusive evening filled with the amazing flavours Dave served on the 2022 Great British Menu, with the perfect ambiance.
This series’ theme celebrates the last 100 years of British Broadcasting and Chef Dave’s 6 course tasting menu is set to arouse your senses with amazing flavours, textures and aromas, as served to the Great British Menu judges.
There will be no rush. The restaurant is exclusive for the evening to soak in the atmosphere, spend time with Dave and to enjoy every mouthful at your leisure.
The six course tasting menu reflects Dave’s dishes from the BBC Two show. As well as preparing your culinary delights in the kitchen, Dave will engage with you and tell you all about his experiences and dishes from the Great British Menu show.
- From Childwall to Tianjin – Traditional Hot and Sour Baby Vegetable Soup. A real favourite from the Lu Ban menu, it’s bold, a real tastebud tingler! it reflects Dave’s journey over the last two years and is influenced by the food of the Tianjin region.
- Surprisingly Cilla
Master Stock braised Pork Belly and Compressed Watermelon.
Cilla was a lover of Chinese food especially pork dishes (according to her sons), this dish is a symbol of Cilla’s amazing TV success especially surprise surprise, the dish is influenced by ‘black, white and the smoke and mirrors of showbiz’.
- Try it Yourself! – British Trout ‘Toban Jang’, choi sum, spring onion oil, soy and crispy fish skin.
Influenced by Neil Buchanan born in Aintree Liverpool, and Chef Dave’s training as an artist! This dish reflects the creativity of the TV show Art Attack, the art/presentation of the finished dish is influenced by eye of the guest, each dish plated on the day will be an individual piece of artwork.
- ‘A Right Royal Night In’ – This is a celebration of the Royal Variety Performance and the Liverpudlians who’ve starred in the show! Seared Fillet of Blackened Short Horn Beef, lemongrass and chilli pak choi, truffle and duck egg fried rice and black pepper sauce. Influenced by the Royal Variety Show and a Critchley Chinese take away!
- A bit of ‘Brooky’ – Cherry lips and ‘a lovers kiss’ Baijiu cocktail. Influenced by the first lesbian pre-watershed kiss on TV, and more special to Dave as he was an extra on the show.
- Doddy’s Diddy Butty Mine – Jam butty Doddy style! Broken biscuit ice cream, lychee, shisho and raspberry.
Influenced by the mines discovered in 1627 by Sir Dingle Jetty, from Notty Ash who sadly died when he fell in a vat screaming “Heaven preserve us”.
£100 per person.
Wednesday 23rd February 2022