The Baltic Triangle Area CIC is looking to appoint a new board member to take on the responsibility of the CIC’s events portfolio. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone in the area to gain valuable experience and make a significant impact to the local community.
Join Baltic Triangle Area CIC, a voluntary organisation passionate about fostering creativity and community growth in Liverpool. As a Non-Executive Director for Events, you’ll lead impactful networking events and drive the area’s reputation as a thriving creative hub.
- Spearhead planning, organisation, and management of captivating events.
- Bring fresh ideas and expertise to enrich event topics and content.
- Manage event branding and social media to enhance visibility and engagement.
- Empower the community through networking and partnerships.
- Lead and make a lasting impact on the creative community.
- Showcase your leadership and event management skills.
- Engage with diverse businesses and residents, expanding your network.
- Flexible voluntary role, maximising your valuable contributions.
Join our pioneering team, igniting creativity and shaping Liverpool’s cultural landscape. Apply today as a Non-Executive Director for Events, and together, let’s make a mark on the Baltic Triangle with innovative ideas!
Please see Job Specification for the role below
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting your experience and why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted by 12pm on Wednesday 9th August. Interview date TBD.
Board Member Position (Events Portfolio) – Job Specification
As a key member of the Baltic Triangle Area Community Interest Company (CIC) Board, the position of Board Member – Events Portfolio is a highly influential and leadership-driven role. You will take on the responsibility of spearheading and enhancing the vibrant creative, digital, nightlife and cultural scene of Liverpool’s creative quarter. Working collaboratively with the rest of the Board, you will be at the forefront of planning, organising, and executing engaging events, ensuring seamless logistics, and fostering strong networks within and beyond the community. This voluntary position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the creative industry while showcasing your leadership, event management and networking abilities.
- Lead the planning and execution of networking and community events, acting as a representative for the Baltic Triangle Area CIC.
- Take charge of attendee management and oversee event logistics to ensure the success of each event.
- Manage content, speakers and entertainment for events
- Utilise your exceptional networking skills to connect attendees and build a robust professional network for the community.
- Manage all budgeting for events
b) Ideas and Knowledge:
- Play a pivotal role in devising innovative and compelling event topics and content, encouraging creativity.
- Contribute your expertise and fresh ideas to elevate the overall quality of events and the CIC offering.
- Leverage your personal network and those of fellow Board members to attract influential speakers and engaging personalities, enhancing event appeal and community engagement.
- Proactively build and expand your network, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to amplify the impact of the CIC.
d) Marketing Support:
- Manage and maintain the Eventbrite page and event listings, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- Display your creative flair by working with the marketing lead to design eye-catching event branding and imagery for social media platforms, flyers, posters, etc.
- Work with the marketing lead to develop and implement an effective social media strategy, scheduling content across various channels to maximise event visibility and engagement.
- Support with real-time social media support during events, leveraging live posts to drive interest and interaction.
- Assume a prominent and leading role in advocating for Liverpool’s creative quarter, influencing its growth and protection.
- Showcase your leadership skills and event management expertise, making a substantial impact on the success of events and initiatives.
- Highlight your desire to lead in specific areas and the organisation will fully support and empower you to achieve these goals.
- Network extensively with businesses, individuals and residents, opening doors to unforeseen personal and professional opportunities.
- Enjoy occasional perks, such as complimentary tickets to festivals and gigs, with the possibility of press passes for events, enhancing your visibility through blog writing.
- Acknowledging the value of your time, this role is voluntary, allowing flexibility for your contributions while encouraging a proactive and committed approach.
Code of Conduct:
- As a distinguished member of the Baltic Triangle Area CIC Board, lead by example, demonstrating professionalism and integrity in all actions and decisions. Embrace the responsibility of being a part of a registered company operating as a business entity, with the best interests of the CIC at the core of your dedication.
If you are a driven and visionary individual with a passion for nurturing a thriving creative community, equipped with exceptional leadership abilities, event management experience, and networking prowess, we invite you to apply for the prestigious Board Position – Events Portfolio at Baltic Triangle Area CIC. Your dynamic contributions will be the driving force behind the organisation’s continued success, elevating the creative industry in the region and leaving a lasting legacy within the community.