Salary: £60,000 – £70,000
Mission & Role Overview
As Head of Tech, you will set the tech vision and roadmap for Milexa, leading the development function and team to deliver on your plans. This work encompasses the building, maintenance and development of our ecommerce websites, and also a company wide technical strategy to build a scalable tech infrastructure across the business and help us to scale effectively.
In this role, you will also join Milexa’s senior leadership team; collaborating with an innovative and stimulating team to shape the direction of the business, inform strategy, and provide insight and expertise, particularly from a tech point of view..
You will lead the Web Development Team; with your direct reports being a Delivery Lead, Lead Developer, three Web Developers and a QA Tester. Fostering a strong culture is essential in creating a high performing team that’s focused on producing great work, continuous learning and innovation.
This is a critical role for Milexa, with tech and development being at the heart of our business. You will be central to advancing technology within the business, and providing company-wide guidance on tech projects related projects.
Role Objectives & Outcomes/Goals
- Understand and audit our existing tech stack, strategy, plans and roadmap
- Evolve our existing plans and improve them from your findings – build on and improve our existing company wide technical strategy and roadmap
- Integrate and align your tech strategy into the broader business strategy
- Pick up and continue our transition to a microserviced tech infrastructure
- Build/continue the build of a world leading set of ecommerce technologies to increase efficiency and drive productivity throughout the business
We have just renovated a brand new office space in the middle of Liverpool’s exciting creative Baltic Triangle.
We offer flexible working hours with hybrid office and home working patterns when possible, weekly yoga classes, brand new Apple equipment, Bupa Cashback Plan and plenty of support to grow your career at Milexa Group.
Skills and Experiences
- Deliver the Milexa Group tech roadmap inc. e-commerce website
- Deliver builds in line with velocity and quality goals
- Ensure we are at the forefront of web technologies that can scale as we grow, increasing speed and security of our sites, monitoring releases to ensure operational functionality is always maintained
- Lead by example with both communication and technical skills, ensuring standards and expectations are defined in the team and are being followed
- Understand the business needs and ensure timely information is available to drive business decisions, supporting and guiding the wider company on technical projects
- Manage and build relationships with teams and relevant stakeholders across the business
- Work with stakeholders to build out projects, making sure this is in line with our technical roadmap
- Build and line manage the Web Development Team; offer reasonable support to ensure targets and objectives are hit, growing autonomy, mastery and purpose within the team, as well as increasing the velocity of sprints; ensure that knowledge and infrastructure is built into the fabric of the department
- Utilising meaningful metrics to drive the team towards their goals and understand areas for improvement
- Assist in training the Web Development Team
- Ensure key metrics like site speed and uptime are achieved
- Experience of developing, building and maintaining ecommerce websites
- Team player with the experience of leading and developing a team
- Working experience in a high growth tech start-up sector preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with stakeholder management experience at multiple levels
- Experience of developing a technical strategy and roadmap
- Strategic mindset - the ability to think strategically and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to produce high quality and standards compliant back/front-end code (PHP, React)
- Expert knowledge of :
- WooCommerce and WordPress
- Source control systems (GIT)
- Continuous Integration and deployment tools
- Agile software development and tools (e.g. Jira)
- React frameworks preferably Gatsby